Current Graduate Student tuition rates and fees are available on the Office of Financial Aid's website (scroll down to "Graduate Students")

Tuition Reciprocity

Via Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP) / Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE)

SF State Museum Studies is a participant in the Western Interstate Commission on Higher Education’s Western Region Graduate Tuition Reciprocity Program, which allows residents of the 15 westernmost states to pay California resident tuition rates for the duration of their full-time study. This waiver is competitive, and an additional application is required when submitting your University materials. Contact the Museum Studies Program Coordinator for details.

Financial Aid

SF State Museum Studies graduate students who are domestic residents can apply for several types of financial aid by submitting a Free Federal Student Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA): the State University Grant (SUG), a University Adminstered Scholarship (separate applications may be required), the Graduate Equity Fellowship, student assistant positions, federal work-study positions and student loans. Note too any eligibility criteria, which can be different for different scholarships. Once you decide to apply to San Francisco State University, send in your FAFSA application within the Priority Filing Period of January-March in order to qualify for the maximum amount of aid.

Additional Resources

International Students and Financial Aid

The University does not have federal or state financial aid for international students. Therefore, the student must present satisfactory evidence of adequate funds to meet financial needs at the time of enrollment at the university. International students are required by the U.S. immigration service to enroll at SF State in full time status; for undergraduate students, this means at least 12 units per semester. For current tuition and costs, see the SF State Bursar’s office website (see link to Schedule of Tuition and Fees/Registration Process).

Student Assistantships

International students with F-1 and J-1 Visas are eligible to work on-campus as student assistants only. They are limited to working 20 hours per week and must be enrolled full-time (Undergraduate 12 units, graduates 8 units).

Additional Resourses